SAFe® Scrum Master with SSM Certiﬁcation
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe® enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe® 4.0 Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe® organization.
This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certiﬁcation signiﬁes that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it ﬁts in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
• New or existing Scrum Masters
• Team Leads
• Release Train Engineers
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certiﬁcation.
The class registration includes:
• Printed workbooks
• PDF workbooks
• Course certiﬁcate
• Eligibility to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM) certiﬁcation exam
After this training, you should be able to:
• Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
• Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
• Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
• Support effective Program Increment execution
• Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
In this course you will:
• Identify the key components of Agile development
• Identify the key elements of Scrum
• Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
• Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
• Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
• Experience a complete iteration
• Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog reﬁnement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
• Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
• Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
• Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
• Experience coaching with powerful questions
• Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conﬂicts
Duration: 2 days
Price: 16 800 SEK (excl. VAT)
Early bird: 15 120 SEK (excl. VAT) if you book your seat more than 30 days prior course start.
Payment must be received by Agiltec within 30 days from invoice date or at the latest at course start.
The specific course may be cancelled if there are too few participants. Students with reserved seats will be notified and offered an alternative event or full refund.
Full refund when cancellation happens 60 days or more before course start.
Cancellation between 60 and 30 days in advance of course start guarantees a reservation in a similar training event scheduled later or 50% refund of the course fee.
No refund is made when cancellation happens with less than 30 days remaining to course start.